[luau] Fedora Core 1 Released

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Fri Nov 7 08:12:01 PST 2003

Warren Togami wrote:

>What most people don't realize is that Fedora Core 1 is pretty much the
>same thing as RH9 in the people who made it and the processes.

I played with Fedora Core 1 last night, and I must admit that this is
the best OS that I have experienced.  For starters, it had no problem
detecting and configuring both of my ethernet cards on my system.  This
is the first time that any OS (WinXP included) has ever done that.  (It
even automatically gave my second card both eth1 and eth0:1
designations--I am impressed!)    The Fedora Core team also did a great
job integrating Moz and OOo 1.1 into the system.  With xft and GTK, the
Moz screen actually looks noticeably nicer than IE in Windows.  The
battle has been drawn.  Musashi vs. Kojiro.  Linux desktops vs.
Windows.  I am excited.

There is one question.  A  few weeks ago, IBM posted a parallel booting
process to make Linux boot faster.  Has anyone ever tried that?  wayne