[luau] Re: Which Distribution To Go With

John Johnson jsj at amagata.com
Tue Nov 4 22:34:00 PST 2003

I appreciate all the input you all have given. I think I will try out
the Fedora project over debian for now. I am used to RH9 and that alone
may make it worth doing. I was planning to set up a newer, faster box,
so I don't mind the reinstall and reconfiguring. I was a little
disappointed that RH ditched the free community. I just hope Fedora
finds roots and doesn't disappear should RH become fickle again and it's
corporate sponsoring of Fedora dries up in the future. I can't really
complain, since it's free, but even when I thought, "What the heck, I
can shell out a couple hundred bucks if I HAVE to and buy it", I went to
RH's site and the STARTING price was $349. Ouch. Oh well. I'll buy into
Fedora. Thanks guys!

--John