[luau] Which Distribution To Go With

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Tue Nov 4 10:13:02 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 09:43, Warren Togami wrote:

> Debian is fine, however it is absurd to recommend *BSD for end-user
> desktops.

This is really missing the point, and calling it "absurd" sure doesn't
add to the civility, Warren.  Find below the original poster's comment.
I picked up on two things: he was an early Slackware user, and he is
hosting the websites of a few organizations.  I see nothing about
end-user desktop here.  If that is the intended use, then I agree that
suggesting a *bsd is not appropriate. I certainly wouldn't call the
suggestion absurd.  If I did, I would add the the quality of the post by
stating why.

Any early and successful user of Slackware should be able to migrate to
a *bsd.

--scott