[luau] goofy install

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Mon Nov 3 10:04:01 PST 2003

Did you do a MD5 check of the disc 3 download? Perhaps a bad download?
Unusual however possible.

Michael

TB <tburns at despammed.com>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 11/03/2003 09:52:21 AM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

Sent by:    luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

To:    luau <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
cc:

Subject:    [luau] goofy install

I was installing RH9 yesterday and it got to the third
CD but couldn't mount it. I've used these disks
before, so I waqs surprised it was having a problem. I
made a new disk 3, but it wouoldn't work with that one
either.

Do I have any alternative to hitting reset and
starting over?

Any idea why this would happen, other than something
scratched my CD?

More detail on symtoms:

It spit out CD 2 & put up the dialog box asking for CD
3. I put 3 in the tray and closed it, but it popped
out again immediately. tried this several times. Then
I just hit "okay"button on the dialog, the tray went
in & came out again & I got a message "CD failed to
mount" or something like that.

Thanks for any clues.
TB