[luau] Question about bootable network cards

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat May 31 22:19:04 PDT 2003

Around 2 years ago several schools (mainly public) received many Micron
desktop computers donated by First Insurance and routed through Kalani
High School.  Mid-Pacific Institute received about 25 computers, but the
vast majority went to other schools.  Within most of these Micron
computers were a certain type of bootable network card that I am seeking
for Liholiho Elementary and St. John the Baptist schools.

3Com 3c905B TXM
3Com 3c905C TXM

These cards are special only in that they contain a boot ROM, allowing
us to use them as diskless clients which is a necessity for our Linux
thin clients for schools deployments.

If your school has these Micron computers I would like to trade TX cards
and other hardware that you may want from our inventory for your TXM
cards.  If your school is not using the network boot feature of the TXM
cards, TX cards would be equivalent and require no reconfiguration after
a simple swap.

http://www.hosef.org
Our charity organization is also seeking other sources of 3c905 TXM
network bootable cards, or other brands of cards with similar
functionality known to work with Linux thin clients.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com

p.s.
Peter, could you please forward this to the public school tech
coordinators?