[luau] HOSEF / how to set up a non-profit

Robert Green aloha_moon at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 10:04:00 PDT 2003

Aloha Mr. Belford

My name is Rob Green, and I know of you from the LUAU mailing list
and your work with HOSEF.

I wanted to see if I can ask you for any info you might be able to
point me towards as far as establishing a non-profit organization. We
are trying to re-establish our karate club, and we have found that we
are highly restricted in our ability to use school and park
facilities without having an official non-profit status.

Since the only fees we collect (aside from test or registrations fees
for the parent organizations) are to cover the costs of dojo rent,
liability insurance, etc., we wanted to research the possibility to
set up a non profit org to help facilitate the karate instruction.

Any info or links to information that you could offer would be most
appreciated.

Thanks and Aloha,

Rob Green