[luau] Linux Thin Clients

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu May 29 11:49:01 PDT 2003

There is a discussion on K12OSN about thin clients.

"I just recently bought a diskless, fanless, computer from idot for $202
http://www.idot.com/TheStore/Desktop/734Spec.asp?Product.id=734&Cate.id=19

it really works great --

Normally I buy Pentium computers from one or another of the local
used computer stores for less than $50
If it doesn't have a pci nic then I have to add that
I remove the hard drive and boot from floppy.
they work great, but diskless fanless is so much better."

There is also the Via EDEN mobos...

"> The VIA boards worked great for us. I'm testing one from amer.com based
on
> the via board, but the foorprint is too big, they are working on that. I
> bought 30 from KamCom for $350 including 17" monitors and optical mouse.
He
> also built me 2 servers for $2500 ea. dual PIII, with 4 gig of ram, and
> scsi. Check with Brian at KamCom http://www.kamcom.com/"

I be interested to hear what you decide to use.

Michael

"Dustin Cross" <dusty at sandust.com>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 05/28/2003
03:41:46 PM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu