[luau] Ditch OS X for Linux (and USB mouse question)

Steve Anderson emac at hawaii.rr.com
Sun May 25 09:22:00 PDT 2003

Like many folks, I have my opinions and uses for each OS currently
supported by a vendor. I started with RedHat 5 in 1999, and now I am
running Redhat 9 in 2003. The RedHat 9 install on an AMD Duron went very
smooth. I even managed to configure GRUB to boot a non-Linux OS off of
the second partition of the secondary drive. On the other hand, you
don't want to hear my horror stories of loading RedHat 5 on a Packard
Bell 486 in 99.
I love my eMac, especially iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie and the Korean
Language support. I prefer these software implementations over those
available in the Open Software arena.
I vocally support the benefits of Open Source and Open Systems. However,
there are some areas where I make a personal choice to use an
alternative OS rather than a "Free" (as in Beer) OS.

Okay, here is my question: So does anyone know why my USB mouse would
stop working every few minutes in RedHat 9 (default Redhat desktop
manager)? I simply unplug the mouse and plug it back it in, and it
starts working again.

Steve A.