[luau] Law stuff advice

Yuser yuser at hi.net
Wed May 21 05:58:01 PDT 2003

Everyone has an opinion on things of this
nature and can tolerate different amounts of what ever bothers them.

There have been many times I wish I could do the same.  The way the
economy is now, employers can do stange things like that and most of the
time get away with it.
IMHO, when an employer starts low balling wages to save a few bucks and
starts treating those left behind with no respect, morale goes down the
tubes VERY quickly.  Now the employees are simply working there to get a
paycheck and no real desire to do anything else other then what is
required.  Most would leave as soon as they find something else.  In small
businesses (and especially those where customer
service is involved) this is a major problem as flexibility and attitudes
change.  In the short term, the business may save some dollars here and
there but customer satisfaction and an employees productivity and drive
can not be directly measured in dollar amount.  In the long run they are
driving themselves into the ground.

It sounds like they lost a very dedicated
employee who always went the extra mile.