[luau] Law stuff advice

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat May 17 17:33:00 PDT 2003

Randall Oshita wrote:

> I quit my job. The company changed ownership and I did not agree with
> the new management. (They wanted to put the servers in the hallway so
> they could open up another office!!!!!)
> This company was using my server as their file/print server. When I left
> I took my server with me. I returned all files to them via CD ROM.
> They are filing charges on me with HPD saying that I should have the
> file and print sharing operational.
> Is that true?
> Members of the company knew that the server was mine so wouldn't they
> expect for me to take my server with me if I left? And to have lost
> those services as well?
> They are also saying that I stole the server since rent was not paid
> for, but I was able to get into the office without unlocking a single
> door. Don't I have a right to get my stuff if the doors are not locked
> and landlord lieu is not implemented?
>
> Randall

It was your stuff. You took what was yours. If you had your stuff in my
place it's still your stuff. I couldn't stop you from taking it unless
you were leasing it to me ( for a specific time ) or had sold it to me.

Sounds like you are well rid of them.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043