[luau] interested in the CISSP exam?

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Thu May 15 21:22:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:49:13PM -1000, Vince Hoang wrote:
> I just learned that the local ISSA chapter will be hosting the
> CISSP exam on July 26th of this year.

I got a bit of questions posed to me off the list.

The cost of the exam is $450. It is one of the more expensive
certifications to pursue.

If the CISSP seems to be too at once, the GIAC related certs may
be of interest (they are less broad, but more technical). Or, the
new SSCP, also from (ISC)2 may be more your bailiwick.

https://www.isc2.org/cgi/content.cgi?category=19
Authoritative information from (ISC)2

http://www.cccure.org/
A blog packed with CISSP information. (Yes, I find it a bit
ironic that a security focused site is running phpnuke.)

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/301
A story from 2001 on the youngest certified CISSP and the reason
the minimum requirements were increased.

http://www.actthawaii.com/prod03_cissp.htm
Bill Musson is offering a class that starts in June.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cissp
If the first four links were not enough. :)

> If anyone else will be working towards the exam, let me know
> privately. (Peer pressure is a good motivator.)

I have already reviewed the material for two months. I am mostly
looking for a braindump shortly before the exam.

-Vince