[luau] Hacking Linux Exposed

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Thu May 8 14:42:01 PDT 2003

TB wrote:
> I seem to remember Warren recommended it (Hacking
> Linux Exposed) a while back on this list. I like it.
> Still wading through it.
>
> TB
>
>>Is HLE a good book?  I don't think I saw it at
>
> Borders.
>
>>-Matt

Yes, it's a pretty good book.  It has a lot of specifics (if that's what you
want) but also covers some of the basics.  The ratings system is largely
worthless, but that's probably only there because all of the Hacking Exposed
series has them.

The case studies in the back give pretty interesting insight as to how hard a
determined attacker may work to gain access to a system, and what means they may
used (combined with the ones mentioned in the rest of the book).

Especially see p. 486 :)

--MonMotha