[luau] Oregon at the whims of the corporate Big Brother...

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Sun May 4 23:04:01 PDT 2003

This makes me utterly sick that the suits can come in and shut something
down because it will affect the bottom line for their company.

...but no matter...

That company is obviously short sighted. A smart company would embrace and
change with this new era of computing. Finding ways to profit from such a
change.

People will continue to use and learn about Open Source Software. Everyday
someone new is hearing about OSS and learning about it and using it for the
first time. Their eyes grow big as it starts up and they see X windows for
the first time or OpenOffice. They will see the value in it. There is no
stopping this.

The Microsoft of today will be the Alpha Micro of yesteryear. Don't
remember Alpha Micro? I feel old. Just wait until some green tech asks you
whats Microsoft?

Ouch I just had a nasty thought, what if Microsoft made their own Linux
distro? Now I got to go wash my mouth out with soap. But can you see how a
smart company would benefit from seeing the change and acting on it to
survive?

Oh well, just my two pennies...

Michael

Warren Togami <warren at togami.com>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 05/04/2003