[luau] How to repair system?

Kevin Goad kevg at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 13:40:01 PST 2003

> The "OS not found" part is somewhat scary.  ...
>  I would fear hardware
> damage or failure. =(

-Me too, but it turns out that the system  booted again after I poked
around -with LNX-BBC for a while. I ran fsck and fdisk ineptly, not sure
what I did -(if anything) that fixed things. Lucky. Not sure I trust it
either.

Is it possible that the R/W head landed in the wrong sector causing
everything to be thrown off.  Then after several proper reboots it
landed in the correct sector and found everything.  I would do a
thorough disk scan for bad sectors.