[luau] rc.local question

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 17:36:09 PST 2003

Charles Lockhart wrote:

> An embedded device I'm using has a kind of wierd, junky, hacked up,
> piecemeal version of Linux running on it.  One of the problems I'm
> having is that the rc.local script doesn't seem to be getting called.

Hmmm...well to be honest i have no idea how rc.local normally gets
called.  I spent a few minutes looking at redhat's initscripts, but
found nothing.  One thing you could do though... Add your program
straight to your inittab.  You can even make it automatically restart in
the event it crashes.

Add something like:
FOO:R:respawn:PROGRAM

where FOO is just some short identifier (2 or 3 letters), R is a list of
runlevels the program should run on, and PROGRAM is the full path to the
program to launch.

If you don't want it to automatically restart on crash, then change
respawn to once.

ex:

foo:35:respawn:/usr/redstar3/sbin/redstard

--Ray