[luau] Testimonial Solicitation

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Fri Mar 21 11:04:00 PST 2003

We would like to make our www.hosef.org site a better portal for those
interested in Linux but having no idea where to start.  This will include
links to articles, our own essays and experiences, and the testimonials of
those who we have helped.

It occurs to me that one way to humanize the open source experience for those
interested but uncertain would be to have testimonies from the list.  I
believe that there are many of you using OS software in many ways that would
be very compelling to someone still trying to figure it out.  I know, for
instance, that  yuser does a simple but wise trick of printing receipts, etc.
to a pdf converter that stores them on a samba share.  A lot of you are using
OS app's in your business.

It would be great if you had the time to write about how/why you use OS
software and what it does for you.  I imagine that many of us on the list
would be interested if you just want to reply to LUAU, but if modesty
overwhelms you, send it to scott at hosef.org

I really hope that of the several hundred of you on the list that at least a
few will have the time to write something.  It would be awfully helpful to
someone still trying to figure out why they should do this.

scott