[luau] Grub Help

tongaloa at atl.org tongaloa at atl.org
Wed Mar 19 05:43:00 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Vince Hoang wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 08:24:44PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

Might want to edit Makefile version stuff so that you can install
the new kernel and keep your old one.
Here is default for 2.4.20
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 20
EXTRAVERSION =
I usually put something on the extra version line to distinguish
various configs of the same kernel with the config saved as
the same 'something'
EXTRAVERSION = 20030318-a

This way I can try a bunch of different configs as I'm always
screwing something up the first few(dozen ;-)

> make clean # if you want to
make sure everything is recompiled