[luau] Eric S. Raymond On ThinkTech Hawaii Radio!

Karen Lofstrom lofstrom at lava.net
Tue Mar 18 12:49:00 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Maddog wrote:

> As I have increased my knowlege and awareness of open Source and it's
> community here in Hawaii I have come to realise the importance of spreading
> the good word of Open Source on to the community at large.
>
> As such I invited Eric S. Raymond to be on our show Wednesday night and he
> has accepted. He will be on talking about the history of Open Source and
> where it has come up to today and where he sees it going in the future.

I just hope it will turn out OK. I have heard many accounts of Eric. S.
Raymond from science fiction fandom. He's said to be self-centered, loud,
and prone to long libertarian political diatribes.

I would be very glad to be proved wrong. I have never met the guy and I'm
just passing on what I heard from friends.

--
Karen Lofstrom