[luau] Redstar3

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Mar 14 22:59:00 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Charles Lockhart wrote:
>written in Java.  We're using sockets for the more primitive and limited
>interfaces, we're using the ORBit CORBA stuff and the java CORBA stuff
>for the more advanced interfaces.

I'm curious as to how you decided to use ORBit.  At my work place, we are
now researching a re-usable architecture for our future projects.  We
would like to use some kind of object modeling.  I suggested using CORBA,
but another person mentioned that CORBA is too heavyweight.  Have you done
any comparison of ORBit with other implementations like omniORB, TAO or
MICO?

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org