[luau] upgrading rpm

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Mar 11 22:11:01 PST 2003

Vince Hoang wrote:
>>I'm trying to upgrade rpm 4.1 that comes standard with red hat
>>8.0 to rpm 4.2.
>

> Will specifying the cross-dependent packages on the
> same line, like `rpm -Uvh foo.rpm bar.rpm`, work?
>
> -Vince

I would highly advise against upgrading rpm manually, there are far too
many issues involved.

ftp://people.redhat.com/jbj/test-4.1
If you are trying to upgrade in order to escape the rpm lockup problem
in Red Hat 8.0, many people have been using the unofficial popt-1.7-9
and rpm-4.1-9 packages from here for many months with great success.

ftp://people.redhat.com/jbj/test-4.1.1
It appears that jbj released a new test version a few days ago.  It
appears that these packages are for Red Hat 7.x and 8.0 respectively.  I
haven't tested these myself yet, but it looks like they will work.
Please me know of your experience if you try these.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com