[luau] Linux Email Host-Off topic maybe

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Thu Mar 6 22:04:00 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:15:28AM +0000, vikramk.tx at netzero.com wrote:
> My current host Interland has a limit on the size of emails per
> account, which takes a lot of energy to maintain. So looking
> for something that allows unlimited sized attachments as long
> as I don't break my total size limit for the account...

I doubt you will find one that has no size limits on the message
size. It is too easy to DoS the mail server by filling up the
filesystem that way.

Even if you find a mail provider that has high limits on the
message size, there are good chances mail will bounce because
the _other_ mail server you are sending a message to has lower
restrictions. For example, postfix and sendmail have limits
around 10 megabytes.

HTH,
-Vince