[luau] Re: no answers from roadrunner dns

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Tue Mar 4 19:46:00 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:23:38PM -1000, William N Luoma wrote:
> It also seems like the rr nameservers aren't doing any
> recursion even tho i set the RD bit on my query and the reply
> has the RA (recursion availble) buit set.

I cannot explain why dig says things are OK while your own
resolver does not.

That being said, if your DNS servers are not performing recursive
queries, then you will not be getting any name resolution outside
of the Road Runner network (and the support line would be flooded
with complaining customers).

-Vince