[luau] Demo Linux PC

TB tburns at despammed.com
Wed Jun 25 11:13:00 PDT 2003

> whether it is possible to squeeze a
> modified, but almost full-featured, RH distro into a
256 MB flash
> disk.

256 is pretty tight. lnx-bbc is around 50 MB on a
bizcard cd, but it has no gui, mostly just rescue
tools. I guess you could build on that. What sort of
demo?

I doubt RH is the place to start - maybe knoppix, or
Eagle Linux, or Linux From Scratch. Knoppix squeezes a
lot of nice workstation functionality into a 700 MB CD
(including GUI, of course).

Or just use knoppix on a CD - is the flash disk really
a hard requirement or just for fun? I assume you'll
use a floppy to boot?

TB