[luau] dhcpd.conf setup

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Tue Jun 24 22:21:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:58:59PM -1000, Ho'ala Greevy wrote:
> I've run into this problem before. even though you only have
> eth0, you need to tell dhcpd about it. Best way to do it is via
> /etc/init.d/dhcpd. In that file, look for a line that looks
> like: daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd ${DHCPDARGS}

Assuming this is Red Hat, I would recommend editing
/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd rather than /etc/init.d/dhcp. The latter
reads/sources the prior early on to grab environment settings.
Both approaches do essentially the same thing, but you are less
likely to break the setup after an upgrade.

Red Hat's /etc/sysconfig/ =~ Debian's /etc/default/ =~ FreeBSD's
/etc/rc.conf, etc.

-Vince