[luau] Javascript help

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 23:28:01 PDT 2003

Aloha,

	I have a chunk of javascript that places a row of digital clocks on a web
page.  It works OK, but now I'd like to move that code to a different file
and then include it in an html page anywhere without having to copy and paste
the javascript into each page that I want it in.  How do you do this???

	So far, I  have the main code in a java file called time.js and I know how
to get the reference included in the html with a statement like this:
<script language="javascript" src="./Java/time.js" type=text/javascript>
</script>

What I can't figure out is how to remove lines of javascript like this:

<TD nowrap> <!-- HONOLULU --> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript"
type=text/javascript><!--
new LiveClock('arial','1','white','','Hickam
--></SCRIPT></TD>

from the main html file and still get the clocks to work.  There has to be an
easy way to do this, but so far a review of w3.org and much googling has left
me stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mahalos in advance,

Ben