[luau] Strange find....

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jun 20 23:32:00 PDT 2003

Monmotha,

	Thanks for the info.
> Well, there's the imfamouns 10.x.x.x one, which I do believe is your cable
> modem (which oddly enough, acts as a bridge, but still decrements the TTL
> and sends back a time exceeded as if it were a router...)

You're probably right here, the 10.x.x.x IP address is the next one after the
linux router, but I'm now curious about the bridge thing.  I thought bridges
were supposed to be transparent.  Does this result imply that the cablemodem
is dual-homed on a single interface?

Other than
> that, nothing I've found hasn't been visible from a simple traceroute.

	Well, when I tracerouted the IPADDR, it doesn't get all the way to the
IPADDR I look for. But when I ping it, or telnet to it, I find the spot I'm
looking for -- it is there.

Cheers,

Ben