[luau] ls order changed?

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Fri Jun 13 21:39:00 PDT 2003

RedHat and Mandrake recently changed the order in which they sort the
file list in the 'ls' command.  It used to be ASCII alphabetical (A-z),
but now seems to be case and special character ignoring.  I heard ls
doesn't sort anything on its own by default, but uses the filesystem.
 There don't seem to be any alphabetic sorting options in 'ls', and none
in tune2fs.  Its different from what I'm used to, so I am bothered by
it.  Right now, it lists things in such a way like:

.a
_e
.g
.H

Anyone know how to get it back to the old behavior?

-Eric Hattemer