[luau] PostgreSQL Replication/Clustering solution

Takuya Nakayama / 中山 卓也 takuya at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:04:01 PDT 2003

Hello:

Is anyone know, how to setup Replication/Clustering on two PostgreSQL
servers?  I have two Debian/GNU Linux servers with running PostogreSQL
databases.  Two servers are identically same hardware and software
configuration now.  Now, I would like to setup one server for primary, the
other server for secondly backup server configuration.  With my budget, I’m
unable to add external RAID hardware for the servers.  I may possible to add
additional Ethernet cards for data replication between the servers.  Also,
client computers should automatically switch the servers when primary server
fails down.  If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Best regards,

Takuya Nakayama