[luau] Hotbed of Linux subversion

Karen Lofstrom lofstrom at lava.net
Fri Jun 6 09:39:01 PDT 2003

Dear folks,

Michael Bishop, who runs the computer lab and the computer courses for
McKinley Community School (the free or cheap adult ed), has put together a
nice set of Linux offerings for the summer session and NO ONE is signing
up. The courses will have to be cancelled if there aren't at least ten
people in them.

Now you on the list may know all you need to know about Linux basics,
Apache, Samba, SQL, etc. -- but I don't. I want to take the Linux basics
course on Fridays at 11:30 AM and I'm only the third person signed up. We
need seven more people! Plus people to take the other Linux courses.

This is a fantastic opportunity to teach Linux. It isn't being taught in
the HCC CENT classes and probably not at any of the computer academies in
town. They're all M$. We need to publicize and support this program.

Perhaps you could proselytize some of your significant others, who wonder
what you're doing at the computer all day, and sent them off to Linux
basics class? I would surely appreciate this chance to learn more about
Linux in a structured way.

--
Karen Lofstrom
Linux wannabe