[luau] Mid range board with console out

elua luaumailinglist elua at Aikanaka.com
Thu Jul 31 06:45:01 PDT 2003

Hi Matt,

I've done this once, on my webserver.  You'll miss all the booting
information & such (i.e., BIOS, etc.), and if the machine should hang
during the boot process (i.e., kernel panic, etc.), you'll have a hung
machine with no display.  But, you can always review dmesg to see how the
boot went.

There is an add-on board (either PCI or ISA) that provides true headless
operation for i386 machines, but it's kinda pricey.  It provides complete
access to the machine, including access to the BIOS, boot, etc.  Go here
for information on this product:

	http://www.realweasel.com

Again, it's kinda expensive ($250 for ISA & $350 for PCI), but useful.

Hope that helps a little more,

Dwight...