[luau] Liholiho TODO list

TB tburns at despammed.com
Thu Jul 17 09:30:01 PDT 2003

> > then make an alias of the mounted share,
>
> This only works for that user's home directory
share, but not
> generallyas a login frontend for any user.  We tried
this on OS9.

Ah, so each user has a specific share, and to make all
shares available at all clients would require a long
list of share aliases. This is still doable on os9,
just put a folder full of aliases in the apple menu &
have each user choose its own from the list. Not sure
what a good approach would be for osx/dock.

Of course, what you'd really like is for the thing to
show up in the chooser like it's supposed to. If the
LTSP server is doing the apple protocol, there's no
reason why it shouldn't.

> OS9 can't deal with SMB natively, but OSX can.  I
want to avoid SMB

I didn't realize the LSTP server could speak AFP.
That's cool, so that's what netatalk is about! I
should look into this.

Dave