[luau] HOSEF Monday Summary

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon Jul 14 09:04:00 PDT 2003

Tonight, Monday the 14th, we will be having our bi-weekly HOSEF workshop
at the Stadium Marketplace Pricebusters.  These are working meetings
intended to turn our wheel of refurbishment as well as to address the
needs of Linux Users.  Tonight we will be working on setting up a SAMBA
server with PDC functionality for HARC, a local agriculture non-profit
we are helping.

This weekend a really great collection of volunteers came together to
install 15 workstations at Liholiho Elementary.  Like Open Source
Software, it is truly amazing what a committed group of volunteers can
accomplish.  With the help of people like yourself, we have been able to
get computers into two DOE schools, and more have already been requested
by McKinley.

In the weeks to come we will be continuing to prepare machines to
donate, helping to address whatever issues visitors to our workshops
raise, and maybe even inventorying hardware that needs to be given away.
  We have a place for you if you want to come by.  HOSEF will be better
with you.

--scott

directions to the workshop can be found at

http://www.hosef.org/volunteer.html