[luau] Church & HARC - Monday night workshop

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon Jul 14 08:36:00 PDT 2003

Warren Togami wrote:

> Both of you, please communicate these technical needs and issues on a
> more regular basis on LUAU.  You cannot rely entirely on me for
> solutions (or my brain will explode), and neither were mentioned on
> LUAU.  There is a LOT of other talent out there that would love to help
> a church or other non-profit organizations.
>
> Oh heck, I'm CC'ing LUAU because we need to communicate these things
> better in our community.  Sorry if this is rather blunt but this is all
> I have time for at the moment.

Warren,

Please understand that Blake's issue first arose on Saturday at the
workshop.  The *only* reason that I dared to ask you for "help" was
because you were right there in front of me.  I assure you I would
*never* rely entirely on you for *anything*.  Nothing was mentioned to
LUAU about Blake's issues because someone (you) said they could help on
Monday.  The *only* reason that you were even asked to help was because
you insisted on the importance of a PDC for his installation, so I asked
you to help implement your insistence.  We will be fine without you and
your exploding brain; don't overvalue your importance.

I too, Warren, am unrealistically busy with two Master's degrees, a full
time *job*, the HOSEF endeavor and installations, a family, and a move
to a new home.  I don't, however, make commitments that I cannot honor
and then renege on them to a public mailing list of a few hundred
people.  Sorry if this is rather blunt, but this is all I have time for
at the moment.

--scott