[luau] Powering Off a Linux Machine

xxd xxd at trendwhore.no-ip.com
Sun Jul 13 09:25:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:47:48 -1000
Hawaii Linux Institute <wp at HawaiiLinux.us> wrote:

> Linux desktops have made so much progress this year, we should realize
> that most of our past experience has become largely irrelevant.  ...

Very true.  However, having a good solid base knowledge of Linux/Unix skills will help people go far.  (underneath it is still the good old reliable system people have come to love.)  A little nicer eye candy never hurt anyone.

> Of course, I am also anxiously awaiting Athlon64.  This may finally move
> Linux to computer games...
>Wayne

I am also anxiously awaiting athlons x86-64 bit processors to hit the market. [drool...]  Oh, btw: XFree86 4.3.0.1 does make substantial driver improvements.

However, look at such companies as Loki(that went under,) that were devoted to porting windows games to Linux.  Gaming will only really take off on Linux when the demand is heavily brought by us geeks that use it.

Actually, I was writing to say hello, since I just made it back to the list, as I was off-line for about five months or so.  It is soooo! good to be back on the net.  Hello all.  It also leads me to a question I now have due to the move.

I recently acquired a linksys router, since I am expanding my home network (two whole comps now, yay!).  Basically, when I just had one box running, I had established ipv6 to ipv4 tunneling of ipv6 packets using the all-6to4-relays IPv4 anycast address of 192.88.99.1.  However, it appears my linksys router is not currently ipv6toipv4 enabled (I think, mainly just a gateway currently, as when I ping6 to the anycast address, my pings get out, but don't get back in.)  Just wondering if any guru on the list might have a quick solution, before I spend half a day at the linksys website.

running linux-2.5.75-mm1 w/ all the correct ipv6 networking goodies available, and had everything working fine before I installed the linksys router.  Any help would be much appreciated.

                                     Thanks all,

						xxd

--
________  ___ ________   Lo Tek Sym Designs