[luau] HOSEF Saturdays

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sat Jul 5 08:29:01 PDT 2003

It is a good time to summarize what it going on with HOSEF, The Hawaii
Open Source Education Foundation.  For those of you who do not know, we
are a volunteer based charity dedicated to promoting the use of Open
Source Software in the Islands

Until receently we have held all of our workshops exclusively at the
Stadium Marektplace Pricebusters.  In these workshops we endeavor to
prepare the donated equipment for delivery to schools like McKinley or
Liholiho.  The informality of the gatherings has allowed us to pursue
other topics like Samba.

As Michael has announced, there are now workshops being held at McKinley
on Saturdays from 1 until Michael leaves.  The space at McKinley is much
more accomodating for classes, workshops, and general learning.  The
space at Pricebusters is very accomodating to work.

There is not a conlict of meetings, there is now a choice.  Go where you
think you can be the most help.  With a little more ironing and a bit
more volunteering, we will be using the HOSEF lab at McKinley to hold
free classes addressing popular issues.

With the help of many amazing volunteers, we have made astounding
progress.  More help is always needed, though.  Keep an eye out for
announcements and activities where you can play a part.  We'll be waiting.

-scott

browse to

www.hosef.org/volunteer.html

for directions to either location.