[luau] compact flash

Luis aka Rigpa rigpa108 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:57:00 PDT 2003

I use CF and SD cards on a Linux based PDA (Sharp Zaurus).  The CF cards are
formated as FAT for installing upgraded kernels and software packages, and
for storing large files.  The SD cards are formated as EXT2 in order to
mantain links, and are used for installing software to.

I have heard you don't want to use CF/DS cards for stuff that requires a lot
of R/W (as in swap space), since cards deteriorate the more R/W functions
you run on it.

Also keeep in mind that all CF/SD cards are not created equal.  My Lexar SD
seems to handle some tasks better than my ScanDisk.