[luau] SpamAssassin and Exchange Webmail

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Tue Jul 1 22:02:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 05:56:46PM -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> Debian stable uses SpamAssassin 2.2 While not a recent version,
> it does format the tagged mail so that I can read it at a later
> time even with an html enabled reader. The spam is not put into
> an attachment making its sordid contents easy to look over.

FWIW, one of the developers for SA is the maintainer for the
Debian SA package. Since SA is such a moving target, I would
really recommend moving to testing, if possible, and pinning SA
to use the unstable package. The version of SA in stable works,
but the version in unstable is vastly improved.

Warren mentioned earlier that the entire message is now an
attachment in recent versions of SA rather than just the message
portion of the message. I believe this was because the developers
realized that the new approach was much less error prone.

-Vince