[luau] News - Mandrake 9.1 beta 2 review

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Sun Jan 26 13:15:00 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:42:31 -1000
Warren Togami <warren at togami.com> wrote:

> Gary Dunn wrote:
> > My only complaint is that my Sony USB mouse is not hot-pluggable.

> X can be configured in a certain way so that USB mice can be hotplugged
> at any time, and work in simultaneously with your existing PS/2 mice
> just like you would expect it.

Warren, your sample file gave me enough clues to solve the problem. I had
my device driver set to /dev/usbmouse. Changing to /dev/input/mice did the
trick. It even works after suspend mode! No more rebooting when I get
home, just plug in the a/c power and get back to work. Sweet.

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse2"