[luau] Newbie on Redhat 5.2

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Jan 20 18:51:01 PST 2003

That's usually not true, and if it were, just leave it on overnight.  I
remember in the dorms at USC, I once downloaded 2 linux CDs
simultaneously in 10 minutes total.  Of course, that was at a good
1.3MB/s.  To Warren's local sites, you can probably get nearly 300K/s,
which is probably enough to download all 3 CDs (usually you only really
need the first two) in under 2 hours.  More likely 1 hour or less if
you're not in peak time.  But then I'm out of state, so I couldn't speed
test.  I remember getting 800K/s from a roadrunner site once, though.

-Eric Hattemer