[luau] R.H. 8.0 notebook install question

F. Hines frhines at swbell.net
Fri Jan 17 20:13:00 PST 2003

Ok im in the middle of installing RH8.0 on a Dell 200N Notebook

Everything is fine no problems (yet), im in the middle of doing the
Monitor Config, and here is where my question is ...

What do I chose for my monitor ?

It's currently "unprobed"

Do I need to use the "Dell 1024X Laptop Display Panel" ? Or another ?

It doesn't give the Horizontal or Vertical Sync's in the Dell docs, just
that it's a TFT XGA with a maximum resolution of 1024x768, Refresh rate
of 60hz

"viewing angles" of +-40deg. Horizontal and +20deg/-40deg vertical

Response times, height and weight etc etc.

I just wanna make sure I don't fry the display ..dont think the warranty
or the accidental coverage will cover that. Lol

Flo