[luau] My Current Linux Needs

demon_jr808 demon_jr808 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:11:01 PST 2003

To everyone that responded to my previous post, thanks!

This is a more specific version of my previous question, but I hope everyone doesn't mind.

I wish to learn and become profecient in using Linux, but at the moment, the only thing holding me back are my hardware requirements and what I will actually be using the Linux system for.

I am looking to purchase a laptop, but being very, very, very, poor, I can not afford anything close to a modern system. As a result, I have been looking for refurbished laptops at the very low end of the scale, ranging around $100 to $200. As a result, the only laptops I have been able to find are very low end, ranging from 486 to Pentium 133 and with ram ranging from 8 MB to 16 MB, along with hard drives that barely reach 1-2 GB.