[luau] HOSEF Organizational Meeting

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Tue Jan 14 15:34:01 PST 2003

The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation, HOSEF, will have its first
organizational meeting this Saturday at 11am at the Stadium Marketplace
Pricebusters.  Directions can be found at
http://www.hosef.org/directions.html.  We will review and approve our
bylaws after which we will nominate and elect our Steering Committee.  I
encourage all of you to come take part.

Please note that twice a week we offer free help with Linux at the
Stadium Marketplace Pricebusters.  The details can be found at
http://www.hosef.org/when.html.  These two time periods are for
restoring, testing, and deploying hardware.  They are also for Open
Source Advocacy and Education.  If you or someone you know wants to know
more about Linux, come on by.  They can talk about it, they can install
it, they can mess with it.  If they want to install it on their own
computer, they can bring it in and we will help them.  This amounts to
300 scheduled hours a year that we are offering the community for Linux
education and outreach.

scott