[luau] hyperthreading facts

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jan 14 12:36:01 PST 2003

LinuxDan wrote:
>   THANK YOU SCOTT
>                                    THAT'S WHAT IVE BEEN STATING ALL ALONG
> AND GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
>   Some people are so opinionated that they don't read the facts.  I have
> been using this for over a month with even better results.
>
> Dan

You were talking about 200% performance improvements which I said
rightly was impossible.  Hyperthreading does not ever approach SMP in
performance gains.

I said that certain things will go slower with Hyperthreading which the
benchmarks do show, but other things do indeed go faster.  I had not
seen 2.5.x kernel benchmarks before, but yes those numbers do indeed
indicate more significant gains.

Warren