[luau] LTSP Question (X-configuration)

Jeff Zidek z-man at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 10 13:46:01 PST 2003

I recently set up a test server and client using the new LTSP 3.0 from
K12LTSP.ORG and found it very easy.  The client booted up easily but
since it didn't have the same monitor as the server its display was
badly distorted.  It worked fine if I moved the server monitor to the
client.  The client had an old CTX monitor the server a newer HP
monitor. Question?   How do I setup a separate X configuration for the
clients if the are have different monitors? Also the fonts which look
great on the server look crappy on the client.  Warren's lab a Mid-Pac
doesn't look like this.  Does Warren use a VNC server? or What make his
displays so much better?  Jeff Zidek