[luau] Western DIgital Drives / Hard drives in general

yuser at hi.net yuser at hi.net
Thu Jan 2 09:30:00 PST 2003

There are some drives still floating around with a 3 year warranty.  I
believe they are left overs.  I just bought a Maxtor 6Y080L0 yesterday
with 3 years.  WD makes a special edition series that offers decent
performance, price and a 3 year warranty.  In fact CircuitCity on the
mainland had a 80GB for $79 after rebates recently, not bad for a 80GB
UDMA5 7200RPM drive and way cheaper then anything listed at
Pricewatch.com.
(http://www.wdc.com/products/Products.asp?DriveID=27)

Of course WD now has an extended warranty program too, imagine that.
(http://websupport.wdc.com/store/extwarranty/index.asp)

You are dead on with the SCSI suggestion.  I have a few older 10K Cheetahs
in my Win machine that are still kicking great.