[luau] Re: LUAU digest, Vol 1 #628 - 17 msgs

maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Wed Feb 26 05:29:00 PST 2003

Vince,

Yes and no. It explains a possible problem and solution if you already have
the kernel installed. My problem is happening on installation in the firts
few seconds when the install disk is checking the hardware on the box. When
it hits the partition check I get the lost interrupt error so I cannot
install. I do not even get to the GUI install.

Is there a switch I can put in to skip the partition check?

Thanks,
Don

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:42:14 -1000
> From: Vince Hoang <luau at ml.altern8.net>
> To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
> Subject: [luau] lost interrupt (Was: Install Problem)
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 08:34:48AM -1000, Maddog wrote:
> > Has anyone run into problems with Compaq Pressario computers
> > and/or Quantum Bigfoot Drives? On install when it does the
> > partition Check it hangs and gets a message (hdd: lost
> > interrupt) forever.
>
> Does this link help?
>
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2002/02/lostinterrupt.html
>
> -Vince