[luau] Hello Again!!!

Deven Phillips phillipsj003 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 25 22:54:00 PST 2003

Well,

	I asked you all for an update, so I'll give you an update on what's been
going on with me.

I was working for Busch Consulting, Inc. until they asked me to take a %50 pay
cut. I am looking for a job right now.

I have been working a lot with netForensics (www.netforensics.com), which is a
Linux based security analysis tool.

I have been building IDS appliances based on Snort, Postgres, ACID, and some
custom code.

I am currently helping to create a managed security service for a local
company here in town which will allow for automated tracking of patches,
scheduled vulnerability assesments, and event aggregation to a central
security manager. All of this is bsed on Linux.

I also set up a Linux firewall/VPN server for a friend's company such that:
	- There is an internal switched LAN
	- There is a filtered and application proxied firewall
	- There is a DMZ for wireless which requires L2TP connections to access the
		LAN

I am also working on a Linux based Electronic Data Interchange interface for
connecting to CompUSA. It's going to allow for a local vendor to sell their
product directly through CompUSA.

Overall, I've been very busy. Unfortunately I have to get a new job ASAP, so
if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Hope to see you all soon, which reminds me . . . Is there a monthly meeting
still?

TTL

Deven