[luau] Idea...

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Tue Feb 25 10:32:00 PST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Rick Chavez wrote:

> I just wanted to throw an idea out and see what people think.
>
> Divide this list into two lists (a technical and a non-technical list).
>  The non-technical list could deal with advocacy, organizational issues,
> supporting schools, expressing preferences, social events, etc...   The
> technical list could deal with configuration issues, new products,
> requesting technical help, buy/sell/trade hardware, how-to's, etc...

1. I don't think the volume justifies the split.

2. There are other sources of technical stuff. The advantage of doing it
here is that we speak (mostly) to people in Hawaii. That in itself makes
it a social issue.

3. We geeks too often turn our back on social issues in favor of bits and
bytes. Those social issues are directly related to our careers.

4. Flame wars errupt partly due to poor judgement in social interaction.
We need to practice being sociable with each other, even to ... no, I
won't go there!

Your opinions should vary.

--