[luau] setup and config question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 24 18:18:00 PST 2003

Ok, obviously I didn't provide enough info, sorry.

the onboard lan is an SiS 900 based nic.  As Jimen suggested, I tried
recompiling the kernel to include the drivers for this device (well, they
listed a SiS900 and an "older" SiS900 driver, I tried each), to no avail.
I also tried setting up a static ip, which also didn't work, but then I'm
hooked up to RoadRunner, so probably it wouldn't, but then I should have
mentioned that earlier.

I ran the commands that Warren suggested, output is attatched at the end.

I also installed a second nic, a PCI 3COM 3C900B, the card that I was
actually using in my old computer.  Tried re-installing RH8.0, didn't
work, went in and recompiled the kernel to include the driver directly
rather than as a module, didn't work.

output of "cat /etc/modules.conf:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias eth0 sis900

uh, the outputs from the lspci -* are long, so going to post them at:

http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/~lockhart/engr/linux/lspci.v

and

http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/~lockhart/engr/linux/lspci.vvn

Anyways, I apreciate you guys help.  Thanks,

-Charles