[luau] Linux makes the cover of Business Week

Dan linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Feb 23 09:17:00 PST 2003

Correct!

 Six months ago I made a suggestion to the group that the chit chat be
trimmed down to business conversations and that "inflamed" some EGOs.  But
remember long before I signed on the list some of  who already split from
the group over petty bickering. Maybe the problem wasnt the people who left
but the ones who remained. That is since the problem still remains.

What I meant by that was that the negatives being displayed outside in the
real world reflect back on the Opensource movement as a whole.  Im afraid
that many times people fail to realize that there is a difference between
life on the college campus and how you do business in the real world.
Whenever someone fails to face that and give proper respect to those who
have done business in the real world for over 20 years successfully then you
are doomed to failure.  Dont expect to get the support of the "BIG GUNS"
here on Oahu with that kind of attitude. Thus came the POGO analogy and why
so many people with great potential are going to unsubscribe.

Thus was my response from the TROLL statement.
If that TROLL statement wasnt made to INFLAME some people then some who made
that statement has their head in the wrong area. Also the statement that if
you dont like the way we do business than unsubscribe then so be it. If you
cant take suggestions or turn suggestions into criticism then get your EGO
in check.

Dan